(John 8:31-32)31
Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

(Romans 10:17) 17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Strip Me Away

God, please just strip me away and make me disappear. 
This lonely feeling is something I can't bear.
The anger that keeps me away,
So far away from your love...
It eats me up inside until I burst.
To most I'm ok- that cute, happy girl who can't be hurt.
But now, oh God
I'm hurting more than words.
This pain is real... But it's almost nonexistent.
Satan is waging a war for my soul,
And he's coming close to winning.
Because I'm giving up hope, God.
I need your intervention.
God, strip me away,
Take all of me that's lonely and afraid.
Replace all of it with a warrior,
Someone who can fight with strength and courage.
Make me strong again so I can wage war for you,
Go out and win battles.
Because right now, oh God,
All I can do is surrender.
Please God,
Strip me away...
And make me whole again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment